myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <gmuel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leak in saveState?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:15:34 GMT
Hi,

> Using MessAdmin, I noticed that the size of the attribute
> 'org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.SERIALIZED_VIEW' in
> session is continualy increasing. Approximately 100K by viewed page.

yes;

With the web.xml setting org.apache.myfaces.NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION
you can influence the amount of stored views in the session in order
to restore them when navigating with the back button.

However, the JspStateManagerImpl holds *all* the views in the session
- regardless the setting - but with a weak reference. Means it will be
freed out of the memory if gc determines that memory consumption is
high.

Because of this, the tool recognizes increasing memory consumption.

cheers,

Gerald

--
http://www.irian.at