myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Michael Heß <...@ordix.de>
Subject Converter-For-Class : getAsObject does not get called
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:40:19 GMT
Hi List,

I'm having some strange issues with a custom converter I just created. The
converter works as expected, if it is mapped by converter-id in
faces-config and is used with a corresponding converter attribute in the
inputText.

Now, I changed the converter declaration in faces-config to
"converter-for-class" and removed the converter attribute on the
inputText.

What I observe is, that when the view is rendered for the first time,
getAsString does get called. But when the postback is sent, getAsObject
does not get called, leaving me with a String.

MyFaces Version is 1.2.2. Is this a known problem?

bye, Michael

--
Michael Heß
Senior Consultant

ORDIX AG
Westernmauer 12-16
33098 Paderborn

http://www.ordix.de
Tel.: 05251 / 10 63  0
Fax : 05251 / 10 63 99
Mob :  0163 /673 49 43

ORDIX AG - Aktiengesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung, Schulung, Beratung
und Systemintegration
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Hermann Johannes
Vorstand: Wolfgang Kögler (Vorsitzender), Benedikt Georgi, Christoph
Lafeld, Axel Röber
Firmensitz: Westernmauer 12 - 16, 33098 Paderborn, Tel: 05251 / 1063-0,
Fax: 0180 / 1 67 34 90
Amtsgericht Paderborn, HRB 2941, Ust-IdNr.DE 126333767, Steuernummer:
339/5866/0142