myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Penkov Vladimir <pen...@fotobank.ru>
Subject jsf pluggable pages
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:02:18 GMT
I have jsf application, written using facelets. I want it to be extedable with custom modules.
Module is simple jar with faces-context.xml in it. I can place it in /WEB-INF/lib directory,
register somehow in my app, for example by specifying main class of module, so later, after
deploy, I can reach all resources from this jar.
As specified in spec, I can add managed beans and custom navigation rules into module's faces-context.xml.
But what about jsp pages? How can I add them and later tell my main app to use them? For example,
I have rule:
<navigation-rule>
   <from-view-id>/modules/test/foo.jsp</from-view-id>
   <navigation-case>
      <from-action>#{moduleBean.doSmth}</from-action>
      <to-view-id>/modules/test/foo1.jsp</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

(let's say, that every module must use /modules/<module_name> prefix).
Both foo.jsp and foo1.jsp are located in module_test.jar, which is (as
Imentioned before) in /WEB-INF/lib folder of my main app. So how will
main app understand that it must load jsp's from module_test.jar?