myfaces-users mailing list archives

From mjovanov <mihajlo.jovano...@jpmchase.com>
Subject JSF Lifecycle Question
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:32:17 GMT

There is a radio button and a text box on a page. The radio button controls
whether the text box is rendered or not. There is also a Reset button, which
I have coded to simply remove the backing bean from the session scope thus
forcing the constructor to be called (which then loads data from the
database). If, however, the value for the radio button from the database
calls for the text box to be rendered, I find that the text box is indeed
rendered but without any contents, even though there is some in the
database. I am guessing this is because JSF after each phase checks whether
a component is to be rendered or not and, if it’s not, it then removes all
its queued events; as a result, the getter for the value bind to the text
box is not called. I wish JSF would not do this…can anyone suggest an
elegant solution to this problem? I am using MyFaces 1.1.4 and Tomahawk
1.1.3.