myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Janap <janapure...@gmail.com>
Subject Force id on a panelTab...eventually to make it disabled
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:37:20 GMT

Hello all,

I could not find a solution to disable tabs dynamically after reading the
old posts. I use the TabbedPane component.

So , I did it manually using
js..document.getElementById("form1:tab1_headerCell").disabled = "true";
which works like a charm. But I would like to use direct id's so that i dont
need to worry about how myfaces renders my component. The problem is I am
not able to force an id onto a panel tab...any ideas so far?

Another approach which I was thinking about is to reach to the  HtmlPanelTab
component in the TabchangeListener class. I could try to disable it there.
But all I have is the tabChangeEvent and tabIndex and I do not know how to
get to the individual tabs ..any one working in this area can share thoughts
and ideas...

thx,
Janap