myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ben Neuman <bjneu...@comcast.net>
Subject Orchestra Conversation Problem
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:05:02 GMT
I am looking at using Orchestra for one of my projects but I'm having
issues getting started.
I've created a very simple webapp with one managed bean:

<bean name="conversationAwareBean"
        class="org.neuman.ConversationAwareBean"
        scope="conversation.manual"/>

public class ConversationAwareBean implements Serializable,
ConversationBindingListener {

    private String creationDate;

    public ConversationAwareBean() {
        creationDate = new Date().toString();
    }
    public void valueBound(ConversationBindingEvent arg0)
    {
        System.out.println("********** I've been bound
*****************");
    }

    public void valueUnbound(ConversationBindingEvent arg0)
    {
        System.out.println("********** I've been unbound
*****************");
    }

    public String getDummy()
    {
        return creationDate;
    }
}

Now, I have just a couple of very simple jsf pages that output the value
of creation date. I expected this value to remain constant while working
within any given conversation. It doesn't. The date is updated on every
and any request from my jsf pages.
Also, valueBound does get called once when the bean is first referenced.
It is never called again after that. Even if I embed a link in a
<o:separateConversationContext> tag which opens a new window, valueBound
will not be called again.

So it seems that I am doing something terribly wrong or I just am
failing to grasp how this is all supposed to work. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ben