myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <markus.pfeif...@procon.co.at>
Subject AW: Converter Problem - Validation Error
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:39:22 GMT
Hi!

Thanks for response - you're right, one of he equals methods are invalid
(always returned false). Why should be my solution complicated - these
classes are hibernate pojos!

Regards
markus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Kurz [mailto:michi.kurz@gmx.at]
Gesendet: Montag, 10. März 2008 21:21
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: Converter Problem - Validation Error

markus.pfeiffer@procon.co.at schrieb:
> ERROR MESSAGES
> Component ID: subViewPlanning:fPlanningCalcualte:planningDriver
> Severity: ERROR
> Message: subViewPlanning:fPlanningCalcualte:planningDriver:
> Validierungsfehler: Wert ist keine gültige Auswahl

Once again: according to the error message it seems that the value in
the backing bean is not equal to the value of any item in the selection
list. Did you test your converter to check if your home-grown
serialization and equals/hashCode really works? An expression like the
following should always return true for your converter to work properly:

person.equals(getAsObject(getAsString(person)))

Your solution seems to be quite complicated but on the other hand I
don't know "how equal" your object must be (maybe it is enough to use
the id of the person?).

regards
Michael