myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Hemanth Abburi" <java4hema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing dynamic dataTable
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:57:01 GMT
Hi,
      You should put the managed bean in session scope to get the values.
       The following code can be used to retrieve the values:

   UIComponent comp = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance
().getViewRoot().findComponent("myform");
//"myform" is form name

 List l=comp.getChildren();
  Iterator itr = l.iterator();

  while(itr.hasNext()){
  Object obj=itr.next();
  if( obj instanceof UIData){
   UIData uIData=(UIData)obj;
   HtmlDataTable myTable = (HtmlDataTable)uIData;

   System.out.println("ROWS in the datatable "+ uIData.getRows());

   for(int i=0;i<myTable.getRowCount();i++){
    myTable.setRowIndex(i);
    System.out.println(myTable.getRowData());
  }

This should solve your problem.