myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s:roundedDiv not fully rendered in IE6 and IE7
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:14:30 GMT
>  The following are the two things that came to my mind as far as
>  enhancements:
>
>  1. The ability to link the color, backgroundColor, etc. to CSS
>  style classes or values.  The way it is now, the overall design
>  of a site that uses this component and CSS is spread between
>  the two - not optimal for the designer or maintenance.

This is why I want to leverage Trinidad's skins. CSS is interpreted on
the client, but the images are generated on the server. The image URLs
have the info in the query string though, so it would be possible to
alter them on the client, but then JS would be required and these
properties would have to be stored somewhere (some random CSS style
class applied to a dummy element or stripped from the IMG tags). A
much more elegant solution would be to use Trinidad skin properties to
set the colors so that they are not in the view but the skin CSS.