myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] client (all) view state issue
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:28:25 GMT
After upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.2.6 I am having my PPR fail. I keep
jetty expired view errors:

Caused by: javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException:
viewId:/test.jsf - View /test.jsf could not be restored.
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:187)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)

I have full client side state:
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>all</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>client</param-value>
  </context-param>

I am seeing the viewState being sent back in the AJAX request.

I did a forum search and came up empty. Is there a problem with true
client side state in 1.2.6?

BTW - I am using client side state as I plan to host on a server that
won't have a very large heap so I want to conserve memory.

-Andrew