myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to capture the action of clicking back button in the browser toolbar?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:58:54 GMT
No, sorry, but it is well documented on the internet. Google for browser
caching and http headers

On Feb 12, 2008 10:56 AM, Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de> wrote:

> > 1) You could force all you pages to never cache, so when they hit back
> it goes to the server.
>
> This sounds interesting. Maybe have you example code?
>

> **********************
>
> 2) You can have code to return false from the window.onunload event so the
> user gets a "are you sure" popup and just remove the listener when the click
> on a command link or button
>
> On Feb 12, 2008 10:11 AM, Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de<http://de.f278.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=thomas2004ch@yahoo.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanksfor the reply. What I am looking for is: I want to vorbiden the back button
activity, i.e., if the
> >  user click the back button, it will show error message and the user has to refresh
the page and go back to the page where he starts.

> > This must be possible since I find many web-apps do so.
> >

> > ---- Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de <http://de.f278.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=thomas2004ch@yahoo.de&YY=6871&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0>>
schrieb:  > In my web-app, after I logout I can even access the page by clciking   the
back-button in the browser tool bar. Now I want to caoture this   action so I can check if
the session is valid or not redirect it.    This might be happening *just* within your browser,
without any   requests going to the server. If that is the case, then there is nothing you
  can do on the   *server* to catch this.    If the browser is
> >  actually fetching the previous page from the server,   then you have something
incorrectly configured in your servlet   container security settings, as that should not be
possible.    Regards,  Simon