myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to capture the action of clicking back button in the browser toolbar?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:25:08 GMT
1) You could force all you pages to never cache, so when they hit back it
goes to the server.
2) You can have code to return false from the window.onunload event so the
user gets a "are you sure" popup and just remove the listener when the click
on a command link or button

On Feb 12, 2008 10:11 AM, Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Thanksfor the reply. What I am looking for is: I want to vorbiden the back button activity,
i.e., if the user click the back button, it will show error message and the user has to refresh
the page and go back to the page where he starts.

> This must be possible since I find many web-apps do so.
>

> ---- Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de <http://de.f278.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=thomas2004ch@yahoo.de&YY=6871&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0>>
schrieb:  > In my web-app, after I logout I can even access the page by clciking   the
back-button in the browser tool bar. Now I want to caoture this   action so I can check if
the session is valid or not redirect it.    This might be happening *just* within your browser,
without any   requests going to the server. If that is the case, then there is nothing you
  can do on the
>  *server* to catch this.    If the browser is actually fetching the previous page from
the server,   then you have something incorrectly configured in your servlet   container security
settings, as that should not be possible.    Regards,  Simon