myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Walter Mourão" <wal...@arcadian.com.br>
Subject [Trinidad] tr:inputText read-only behaviour
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:02:50 GMT
Hi folks,
I'm trying to show a tr:inputText with a (initial) value calculated from an
EL expression (no value binding since the value will be read from the
request), something like <tr:inputText value="#{fn:join(somevar)}" />. But
the input becomes "read-only". I found in the tag documentation and I think
it is related:

the value of the component. If the EL binding for the "value" points to a
> bean property with a getter but no setter, and this is an editable
> component, the component will be rendered in read-only mode.

Is there a way to make the inputText writable when it gets its value from an
EL expression ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Walter Mourão