myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chang <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How to capture the action of clicking back button in the browser toolbar?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:11:23 GMT

Thanksfor the reply. What I am looking for is: I want to vorbiden the back button activity,
i.e., if the user click the back button, it will show error message and the user has to refresh
the page and go back to the page where he starts.

This must be possible since I find many web-apps do so.

---- Thomas Chang <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de> schrieb:  > In my web-app, after I logout
I can even access the page by clciking   the back-button in the browser tool bar. Now I want
to caoture this   action so I can check if the session is valid or not redirect it.    This
might be happening *just* within your browser, without any   requests going to the server.
If that is the case, then there is nothing you   can do on the *server* to catch this.
If the browser is actually fetching the previous page from the server,   then you have something
incorrectly configured in your servlet   container security settings, as that should not be
possible.    Regards,  Simon

Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen Sie´s mit dem  neuen
Yahoo! Mail.