myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [orchestra] Spring 2.5
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:54:36 GMT
> I presume you mean marking beans with something like
>  @Conversation(lifetime="access", name="myConversation")
> or
>  @Scope(scope="conversation.access", name="myConversation")

or
@Conversation(scope="access", name="myConversation")

> Yes that would be cool.
>
> It's debatable whether the annotation should be in the Spring framework or in Orchestra.

I think in Orchestra we are able to get fixes in faster.
(not knowing the community / company behind Spring well)

> The first example is the sort of thing that might belong in Orchestra. Support would
then need to be implemented within orchestra for each DI framework that Orchestra supports
- assuming the framework provides sufficient hooks to do that.

> The second example is more spring-specific, as it is tied to the fact that in the Orchestra
Spring binding, a conversation scope is actually a bean which has a name eg "conversation.access".

> BTW, we really do need to sort out the problem of defining the conversation-name and
the lifetime at the same point. It is very convenient for the basic case, but when multiple
beans are in the same conversation then they must declare the same lifetime values which is
inelegant (data duplication).

> > > And do you think it is possible to have proxy scoped bean using
> > > annotation?
> > If you use the latest Orchestra snapshot you do not have to use the
> > aop:scoped-proxy anymore. This will be done automatically by Orchestra.
> > For other proxy scoped beans, Simon tried something in this area, and as
> > far as I remember with success. Even though Spring should provide such a
> > annotation on their own, we probably can share our code if wanted. It is
> > not part of Orchestra.
>
> Yep, marking conversation-scoped beans with the aop:scoped-proxy tag is no longer needed
in orchestra-1.1-SNAPSHOT. We do have some old code for doing that with annotations, though:
it is about 20 lines.

> Currently the code is in com.ops.OPSJ.spring.ScopedProxy; we could share that if needed
although I don't think there is much point in making it part of Orchestra.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org