myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject submitOnEvent callback
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 02:26:58 GMT
for <s:submitOnEvent>, in my case, whether to submit depends on a bean variable. So I
need a "rendered" property.

  <h:selectOneMenu .... >
  <s:submitOnEvent for="aButton" event="change" rendered="#{bean.submitOnChange}" />
  </h:selectOneMenu>

  <h:commandButton id="aButton" .../>

  But the <s:submitOnEvent> does not have a rendered property.  It has a callback for
the purpose. The callback function's signature

  function mySpecialUserCallback(event, srcComponentId, clickComponentId);

  How to let the callback function use the backing bean's variable?

  If the callback is javascript code, it can serve the purpose
  callback="#{bean.variable? return true: return false}"

  Thanks for help
  Dave