myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Frank Nimphius <frank.nimph...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Doubt about ADF Faces & Trinidad
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:12:44 GMT
<head>
</head>
Mark,<br>
Oracle's strategy from early on was to use Trinidad instead of ADF
Faces in JDeveloper11. Wit the donation of the ADF Faces sources to
MyFaces Trinidad it was also decided to move onto this open source
stack. We communicated quite clearly to our customers that our
commitment is within Trinidad. However, maybe this message didn't reach
you in time though. The "clear sign" as you call it is a clear sign of
our commitment to JSF, the Trinidad open source project and its
community : Good you see it that way too :-) <br>
Oracle is a major contributor to MyFaces Trinidad. To the same time
though, we started developing ADF Faces RC as a complete new technology
stack based on Trinidad APIs. Unlike ADF Faces of 10.1.3, which is
based on JSF 1.1, the new component set - plus the Trinidad version -
in JDeveloper 11 is based on JSF 1.2. So if you want to run your ADF
Faces tag libraries unchanged in JDeveloper 11 then this is the reason
why you can't. Oracle JDeveloper 11 will migrate ADF Faces 10.1.3
projects to Trinidad in JDeveloper 11, so you leverage the new JSF 1.2
version of this component stack. <br>
Frank<br>
Mark Millman wrote:
 type="cite">
2005
I think) and have three production systems using it.&nbsp; We&#8217;ve ported one
of them
to Trinidad and it cured no end of annoying bugs.&nbsp; </span></p>
major
improvement.&nbsp; I see no reason to start a project today, using a
component library
that Oracle no longer supports and which has numerous behavior
problems, a
large number of which were fixed in Trinidad.&nbsp; Oracle has moved on to
Trinidad
and that should be a clear sign.&nbsp; Oh, and you really can&#8217;t run ADF
Faces in
JDeveloper 11g.&nbsp; We tried and ran into numerous conflicts with
Trinidad/ADF
Rich Faces.&nbsp; I&#8217;m sure these can be cured by modifying your JDeveloper
11g
delivery configuration but, Why? </span></p>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>]
yes. This is true - we can't beat the "free" in Trinidad ;-)<br>
Frank<br>
Simon Lessard wrote: </p>
still mean that you have to pay for ADF Faces if you don't use it
within
OracleAS right? </p>
 href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>&gt;
wrote: </p>
ADF Faces doesn't force you to licence OracleAs. The opposite is true.
If you
have an OracleAs licence then there is no ADF Faces licence fee to pay<br>
Frank </p>
Simon Lessard wrote: </p>
Another addition. If you use ADF Faces, I think Oracle license forces
you to
use OracleAS so if you want to deploy on a different application
server, I
suggest that you go with Trinidad. Also, depending on the release date
of your
project, Trinidad might be the best choice nonetheless since JDeveloper
11 uses
Trinidad and not the old ADF Faces.<br>
Regards,<br>
~ Simon </p>
 href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>&gt;
wrote: </p>
using Trinidad without ADF works in JDeveloper 10g as well. If you use
your own
model binding then accessing ADF BC also becomes possible<br>
Frank </p>
Matthias Wessendorf wrote: </p>
  <pre>Trinidad is the Apache 2.0 licensed stuff.  </pre>
  <pre>ADF Faces is licensed by Oracle.  </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>in jdev 10g there are some issues, when you are trying to use Trinidad  </pre>
  <pre>with things like ADFm.  </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>in jdev 11g trinidad will be used for ADF Faces 10g migrations, so  </pre>
  <pre>next to ADF Faces Rich Client,  </pre>
  <pre>Trinidad is supported in JDev 11g  </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>-Matthias  </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Aaron Santiago Dulce  </pre>
  <pre><a href="mailto:aaron.santiago@ideas.com.co">&lt;aaron.santiago@ideas.com.co&gt;</a>
wrote:  </pre>
  <pre>&nbsp;   </pre>
    <pre>Greetings to everyone,  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>We are starting to develop our web applications with ADF Faces, but we want
 </pre>
    <pre>to know if the apache 2.0 license apply to ADF Faces or we need to switch to
 </pre>
    <pre>Trinidad. Also, if we are working with JDeveloper, if as simply as changing
 </pre>
    <pre>the lib's to the Trinidad.  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>Thanks a lot in advance.  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>Aaron Santiago  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>Ideas Ltd.  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>Project Manager  </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
    <pre>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;   </pre>
  <pre>&nbsp;   </pre>
  <pre>--   </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>________________________________  </pre>
  <pre>Frank Nimphius  </pre>
  <pre>Principal Product Manager  </pre>
  <pre>Application Development Tools  </pre>
  <pre>Oracle Corporation  </pre>
  <pre>mail: <a href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>
  </pre>
  <pre>phone:+49 2058 782481   </pre>
  <pre>--   </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>________________________________  </pre>
  <pre>Frank Nimphius  </pre>
  <pre>Principal Product Manager  </pre>
  <pre>Application Development Tools  </pre>
  <pre>Oracle Corporation  </pre>
  <pre>mail: <a href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>
 </pre>
  <pre>phone:+49 2058 782481  </pre>
  <pre>--   </pre>
  <pre> &nbsp; </pre>
  <pre>________________________________  </pre>
  <pre>Frank Nimphius  </pre>
  <pre>Principal Product Manager  </pre>
  <pre>Application Development Tools  </pre>
  <pre>Oracle Corporation  </pre>
  <pre>mail: <a href="mailto:frank.nimphius@oracle.com">frank.nimphius@oracle.com</a>
 </pre>
  <pre>phone:+49 2058 782481  </pre>