myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] tr:fileDownloadActionListener non working with t:jscookMenu
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:55:53 GMT
<head>
</head>
Andrew, there was no intention to involve any Trinidad team activity
for this. Sorry for any misinterpretation.<br>
I wrote "adapted to Trinidad" not "adapted by the Trinidad team".<br>
I guess that - since the hacking was done by some MyFaces team - they
will be eventually pleased to adapt such hack to Trinidad.<br>
Regards,<br>
-- Renzo<br>
Andrew Robinson wrote:
 cite="mid:bc36a6210802150839t5a7f7472j63dacd2aafcc93ed@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite"><br>
Tomaselli &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="mailto:renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it">renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AFAIK jsCookMenu is a third party component adapted by Tomahawk
JSF which in turn should be adapted to Trinidad.</div>
-1<br>
There is no *should*. If someone wants to write a jsCookMenu for
trinidad, they are welcome to, but it is not the responsibility of the
Trinidad team to make 3rd party JS libraries work.<br>
&nbsp;</div>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">
By "file a bug against the cookMenu" I guess you mean the Tomahawk
team, since they provide the patch which should be patched.<br>
Also I guess that many symbols around should prove that Trinidad is in
the game.<br>
Wouldn't be just as easy as "if (submitForm) ..." ?<br>
-- Renzo</font>
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
      <pre>Hi,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Renzo Tomaselli
<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it"
 target="_blank">&lt;renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
        <pre> Ok, here is a solution.
 Myfaces adds a MyFacesHack.js to the page for the purpose of adapting
jscookMenu to JSF.
 Here a menu action goes straightaway to form.submit. This doesn't comply
with tr:fileDownloadActionListener, don't know why.
 But replacing at line #28:

             var dummyForm = document.forms[target];
             dummyForm.elements['jscook_action'].value = link;
             dummyForm.submit();

 simply by:

             submitForm(target,1, {jscook_action: link})

 seems to solve the issue, since we go through Trinidad stuff.
 However I don't know how Myfaces+Trinidad+Tomahawk fit this puzzle (who
does what).
    </pre>
      <pre>the big problem here is that two different (JS) libs are used. There
is no unique way
to handle these different (ajax/js) lib. OpenAjax provides a hub for this..

We could "hack" the Tomahawk renderer for the jsCookMenu to go through Trinidad,
when Trinidad RenderKit is used.

Do you mind to file a bug against the cookMenu ?

-M
  </pre>
        <pre> -- Renzo

 Renzo Tomaselli wrote:
 Yes I will. I'm debugging the involved js machinery to find the issue, I
guess jscookMenu submitting skips Trinidad internals.

 -- Renzo

 Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
 can you create an issue + a little simple page snippet ?

-M

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Renzo Tomaselli
<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it"
 target="_blank">&lt;renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it&gt;</a> wrote:

 Hi, I have another issue with tr:fileDownloadActionListener.
 I'm using Tomahawk jscookMenu since Trinidad misses any drop-down menu
 component.
 After performing a download action (even canceled), I noticed that any
 following jscookMenu item action leads to the download action again and
 again,
 until next page refresh.

 -- Renzo

    </pre>