myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "William Keicher" <wmkeic...@gmail.com>
Subject Implications of reducing size of org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_MAX_TOKENS
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:00:35 GMT
Hi,

What are the implications of having a very small value for
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_MAX_TOKENS?  I read the
documentation provided here:

http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/configuration.html

but I'm not sure I fully understand what will happen if say
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_MAX_TOKENS was set to 0.  I'm
guessing it would be like turning off state saving?  Would this break
components, and if so, would the minimum value be 1?  How would an
application behave if this value was too low?  The motivation behind these
questions is I'm running into OutOfMemoryExceptions, that are largely due to
huge objects of type:

org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.StateManagerImpl$PageState

Thanks,
Bill