myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "MC PHERSON Sandy" <sandy.mcpher...@eurocontrol.int>
Subject t:panelTabbedPanel in a portlet
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:50:26 GMT
Hi I have a problem with

<t:panelTabbedPanel> in a JSF portlet in Weblogic Portal 10.

I am using tomahawk 1.1.6 and the MyFaces boxed with WLP10 (1.1.1)

If I access a JSP which contains <t:panelTabbedPanel> through a portlet
on a portal page I get an exception (see below). However if access the
JSP directly as a simple web page it works perfectly and then if I
subsequently refresh my Portal page the portlet also works correctly.

It looks like some sort of initialization whicht the extensions filter
does is not taking place correctly when accessed through the JSP portlet
bridge which obviously then delegates to the faces servlet: This
initializiation obviously does get done when the filter gets activated
directly on a REQUEST.

The Extensions Filter is the first filter in my filter chain so it can't
be that another filter is blocking the filter from running.

Is there some way to force initialization done on a REQUEST ?

JSP fragment:

<f:view>
  <t:panelTabbedPane selectedIndex="0">
    <t:panelTab label="Details">
      <t:div id="details">
        <h:form>
          <h:outputText value="Regulation"/>
          <h:selectOneMenu id="regMenu">
              <f:selectItem itemLabel="dummy" itemValue="dummy"/>
          </h:selectOneMenu>
          <h:commandLink value="Go !"/>
        </h:form>
      </t:div>
    </t:panelTab>
    <t:panelTab label="Delays">
      <t:div id="delays">
      </t:div>
    </t:panelTab>
  </t:panelTabbedPane>
</f:view>

web.xml

    <!--Faces Filter Mappings-->
    <filter>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
        <init-param>
            <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files. Format:
10 - 10 bytes 10k
        - 10 KB 10m - 10 MB 1g - 1 GB</description>
            <param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
            <param-value>100m</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <description>Set the threshold size - files below this limit
are stored in
        memory, files above this limit are stored on disk.

        Format: 10 - 10 bytes 10k - 10 KB 10m - 10 MB 1g - 1
GB</description>
            <param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>
            <param-value>100k</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

Exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
configured. JSF mapping missing. JSF pages not covered. Please see:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.throwExtension
sFilterMissing(AddResourceFactory.java:358)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.checkEnvironme
nt(AddResourceFactory.java:318)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.getInstance(Ad
dResourceFactory.java:273)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer.encodeEnd(Ht
mlTabbedPaneRenderer.java:94)
        at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:331
)

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the
sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from
your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of
EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.