myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Niklas <daniel.nik...@continentale.de>
Subject [Trinidad] How to deliver skin-css with weblets (1.0_alpha_2)
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:55:53 GMT

Hi,

i'am using several images for backgrounds etc in a trinidad skin. I want to
use weblet-URLs to deliver theses images. The trinidad-skin-css-file has to
be delivered by weblets for this purpose, too. How can i achieve this?

(When css files or other resources are delivered by weblets, the
textprocessing from Weblets will resolve weblet-URLs.)

The needed images could be delivered by the Trinidad ResourceServlet, too.
The reason for using weblets here is, that when my images changes, users
will see the old images. The Resource-Servlet sets CacheControl-Header with
"expires next year". This problem will also occur within Trinidad, e.g. when
the image of dateInput will change. Weblets provides a version number and
puts this to the resolved url to prevent this problem.

Best regards
Daniel

P.S.:
http://www.nabble.com/Need-Filter-that-caches-resources---a-more-general-Extensions-Filter--to15226545.html