myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Pieper <carsten.pie...@continentale.de>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Skinning - can't get browser hacks working...
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:39:06 GMT

Myself back again,

some new knowledge on the topic:

I tested the browser hacks on a global selector (.AFDefaultFont:alias). For
those, the hacks didn't work as I reported in my first posting.

I jsut noticed today, that on "normal" selectors, they're working fine.
Example:

* html af|panelHeader::level-one {
	color: magenta;
}

Et voilĂ , a magenta colored heading text appears in IE6.

Further investigation showed, that the appearance of the ":alias"
pseudo-class breaks the browser hacks. It's not only a problem of those
global selectors (see
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin-selectors.html#Global%20Selectors)
but of one's own :alias stuff as well...

The bottom line is, that those browser hacks have to be introduced on
"feature level".

A question to the experts: Has this been done purposely or unconsciously?
Should this
behaviour be changed? Or do you feel it shouldn't be touched as browser
hacks won't be
needed anymore once http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-495
(@platform
support for skinning icons) and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-799
(Add agent version support in skinning) are resolved?

Thanks, Carsten