myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Rashmi <rashmi.pantha...@seat.de>
Subject Re: Portlet Environment and Orchestra
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:54:08 GMT

Hello All,

       I have access to FacesContext. The ExternalContext in case of Portlet
Environment is - PortletExternalContextImpl and ofcourse in servlet
environment it is ServletExternalContextImpl.

      The doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse rsp,FilterChain
filterChain) .. method of OrchestraServletFilter is never called in the
PortletEnvironment. In case of PortletEnvironment Portletrequest,
Portletresponse is null and  the ConversationManager is not getting
initialiazed and so on.

       I suppose that the exisitng Filter configuration works well with
Servlet as the name suggests OrchestraServletFilter. I think something
similar to this i.e "OrchestraPortletFilter" needs to be written so that the
Orchestra features can be used in PortletEnvironment as well.

Regards,
Rashmi