myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Niklas <daniel.nik...@continentale.de>
Subject Re: Need Filter that caches resources - a more general Extensions Filter?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:28:50 GMT

Hi Scott,

Scott O'Bryan wrote:

> Hey Daniel, you may wish to stay away from Filters if you are going to
> contribute this to Trinidad. It'll break portlet compatibility.

You're right, this would be a Problem.

> That said, what is the problem you are trying to solve here? Is it that
> resources are not currently being cached in your environment by the
> browser...

Yes, my resources are not beeing cached. But this problem is solved
for me, because these resources are delivered by weblets and if you
provide a version number in your weblet configuration, then weblets
enables caching, too (similar to the trinidad ResourceServlet).

> I do know that I was having some issues with the cachability of static
> resources on the Oracle Application Server because the jsessionId was
> changing the url on me...

I think, there is no problem here with tomcat. But i don't know, if there
is a problem in a portal environment, e.g. Websphere?!

Daniel :-)