myfaces-users mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: JasperException: PermGen space
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:05:08 GMT

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 01:53 -0800, Dave wrote:
> Hi, I am using JBoss 4.0.5GA on Federa Core 6 Linux for JSF
> application. After running for two days, got the following exception
> on server side. How to avoid it? Thanks for help. Dave
>
> Caused by: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PermGen space

The PermGen exception is a generic "out of memory" type problem in the
jvm. It is a JVM issue, and not a software bug.

The solution is to increase the PermGen memory setting for the jvm, via
the option

java -XX:MaxPermGen=256m ....

or similar.

And in future, please do NOT post to multiple email lists
simultaneously. Pick one, and if no answer is received, *then* try again
with a different one.

Regards,
Simon