myfaces-users mailing list archives

From René Günther <rene.guent...@innflow.com>
Subject AW: How to use https together with http
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:44:01 GMT
*  sometimes The IE browser shows a warning: the page contains both secure
and nonsecure data.  what is the meaning? how to avoid the warning?

This happens if the source of some objects of the page (eg. Images,
javascript) is http://... and other the source of other objects is
https://...

Eg.

https://localhost/myPage.jsf got an image with source
http://localhost/images/logo.jpg

Regarding the other questions, you might have to use filters and servlets
for redirecting from http to https, but I am not sure about that.

Rene

Von: Dave [mailto:javaone9@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Februar 2008 07:46
An: users@myfaces.apache.org; Tomcat Users List
Betreff: How to use https together with http

For jsf page (myfaces), some data need to go through SSL such as bank
information.

For better performance, other pages(or forms) can use http.

<h:form> ... </h:form>

<h:form> ... </h:form>

if a form may contain personal data, it should be summitted using https.
Also we need to let user know it is secure by showing a lock and
https://.... in browser address bar.

How can I do this?

<

sometimes The IE browser shows a warning: the page contains both secure and
nonsecure data.  what is the meaning? how to avoid the warning?

Thanks for ideas.

Dave

  _____

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http:/tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/ca
tegory.php?category=shopping>  them fast with Yahoo! Search.