myfaces-users mailing list archives

From René Günther <rene.guent...@innflow.com>
Subject AW: JasperException: PermGen space
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:35:40 GMT
Extend your PermGen. But the garbage collector is not working well for
PermGen as far as I know. So after some redeploys PermGen will strike back:

http://my.opera.com/karmazilla/blog/2007/03/13/good-riddance-permgen-outofme
moryerror

At least I got the problem that I always end up this exception after some
redeploys.

René

Von: Dave [mailto:javaone9@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 09:54
An: Tomcat Users List; users@myfaces.apache.org
Betreff: JasperException: PermGen space

Hi, I am using JBoss 4.0.5GA on Federa Core 6 Linux for JSF application.
After running for two days, got the following exception on server side. How
to avoid it? Thanks for help. Dave

Caused by: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PermGen space
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWra
pper.java:455)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
77)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at
FilterChain.java:252)
        at
ain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:672)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:463)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:398)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:301)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(Servl
etExternalContextImpl.java:419)

  _____

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http:/tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/ca
tegory.php?category=shopping>  them fast with Yahoo! Search.