myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpSession timeout/invalidation handling in Orchestra?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:52:19 GMT
William H. Mitchell schrieb:
> I've spent a while digging around in the Orchestra code to figure out
> how Orchestra responds to the termination of a session (e.g. a call to
> HttpSession.invalidate()) but I'm still fuzzy on it.
>
> Can anybody comment on how Orchestra handles this and/or steer me
> towards the code involved?

Well, I assume it will lose the conversation context.
and all its conversations.

I am not sure if the conversations then are closed properly, there is
a garbage collecting thread internally which closes non used
conversations from time to time, but I am not sure if that one can reach
the tangeling conversations then.

It is a save bet to clear out the current conversation context
before invalidating the session, that way you definitely can be sure
that all conversations are closed before you drop your session.