myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Zied Hamdi" <javaha...@gmail.com>
Subject [tobago] tc:panel, tc:box, and maybe tc:sheet onChange attribute
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:55:06 GMT
Hi pioneers,

Before submitting a feature request I'd like to be sure there's no way to do
what I want today:

I need to keep do an action on any change inside a panel, this is a frequent
case in UI developement: e.g: to enable a save button or open a popup 'do
you want to save changes'.

A few years ago I made an analogous mecanism in swing: I extended Panel.add()
(and remove()) and made it add a listener to the added component to check if
changes has occured). The extended panel must it self implement the onChange
event features and interfaces to respond to nested panels events (and
forward them to its parent).

Is a feature like this available in Tobago (maybe through a facelet)? If
not, do you think it's a good idea to add a feature request in this sens?

Regards,
Zied