myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Yaron Spektor" <yaron.spek...@b6systems.com>
Subject jsf validation in diffrent life phases
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:46:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a form that I would like to validate. Some of the validations are
field validations and some need application-level validation (for
example a country must match a state - where State and Country are 2
different fields in the form).

I would like to be able to show * next to the erroneous data. This is
trivial in field validation, but how do I do it in application level
validation?

A workaround I thought of is holding the components in a map and adding
an * to them if an error occurred, but I am sure there is a simpler less
cumbersome option out there (maybe with phase listeners?).

I would appreciate any advice,

Thanks,

Yaron,