myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <Matt.Rossner-pr...@sanofi-aventis.com>
Subject Is it possible to use AddResource with my own components?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:31:08 GMT
Hi,

I've written a custom component that requires some Javascript. I have
the js in an external file but I was hoping to have it included in the
tag, kind of like the myfaces tags do. I tried using the AddResource
class, basically looked at the myfaces source and tried to do the same
thing, but it fails on the component validation. It checks if the
package starts with org.apache.myfaces.custom... or something like that.
I can't really get past that unless if I want to rebuild myfaces. Is
there a way to get this to work externally? Or is there a way to do this
I don't know about. For now I have to just manually include the script
in the JSP pages. This will work, but it can lead to complication if
someone else is using the tag and neglects to add the javascript.

Thanks

Matt