myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Horne" <steveho...@gmail.com>
Subject [TRINIDAD] Exception with <tr:inputText> validation
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:50:53 GMT
I am using the following tag:
Note that I have no "label" attribute.

I have this problem:
When I type nothing into the field, I get a validation message that a value
is required.  When I type visible characters into the field, I get no error
and the form is submitted.  When i type only SPACE character(s), I get a
null pointer exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sun.facelets.util.FastWriter.write(FastWriter.java:77)
    at com.sun.facelets.StateWriter.write(StateWriter.java:116)
    at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.HtmlResponseWriter.write(
HtmlResponseWriter.java:340)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.MessageBoxRenderer._renderMessageAnchor
(MessageBoxRenderer.java:305)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.MessageBoxRenderer._renderComponentMessages
(MessageBoxRenderer.java:263)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.MessageBoxRenderer._renderContent
(MessageBoxRenderer.java:204)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.MessageBoxRenderer$BoxRenderer.renderBody
(MessageBoxRenderer.java:453)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.PanelBoxRenderer._renderMiddleRow
(PanelBoxRenderer.java:267)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.PanelBoxRenderer.encodeAll
(PanelBoxRenderer.java:115)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.MessageBoxRenderer.encodeAll
(MessageBoxRenderer.java:142)
    at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.render.CoreRenderer.encodeEnd(
CoreRenderer.java:220)

Any help would be appreciated...

--
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they
are after."

- Henry David Thoreau