myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [Myfaces] rendering images
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:03:02 GMT
---- Renzo Tomaselli <renzo@araxes.it> schrieb:
> Hi, in order to render attachments (images, documents, etc.) I use to
> follow the common pattern of catching the request in a phase listener,
> then inserting the contents in a response stream.
> Since I upgraded to Myfaces 1.1.5, I get the warning "MyFaces special
> javascript could not be retrieved from request-map" when contents is html.
> Is there any way to manually feed the request map with expected js - o
> even better - can I do it through an empty string just to avoid this
> warning at any request ?

I think your problem is exactly the same as the one discussed yesterday on this list: the
response you are generating has http header
  content-type: text/html

This then causes the tomahawk ExtensionsFilter to post-process the response, at which point
it complains about the missing javascript.

If you are serving non-html code, you should ensure the content-type header is set correctly.
Then ExtensionsFilter will ignore the data.

Regards,
Simon