myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: JSF pages rendering 4 times more slowly in IE7 than Firefox
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:46:17 GMT
Using ctrl-I on firefox , in the medias tab you will get an idea what is
loaded by pages. If you see tons of javascript, css and picture, that
might be the source of your problem. Note that we had a similar problem
here once, JSF was slow to render (same time for IE / firefox), we
discovered we had a filter in our config that was, for database
transaction reasons, limiting request to one request at a time per
session (use of synchronized block on user session). As a result, all
queries for JS/CSS/pictures coming from JSF component where queued and
serve one at a time instead of in parallel.

Even complex JSF pages shouldn't take 23 seconds to be returned to
client. Also note that complex css layout can sometimes takes time to
get rendered client side, but 23 seconds.... ? Even 6 seconds is far too
much for average users :)

En l'instant précis du 31/01/08 09:15, Christopher Cudennec s'exprimait
en ces termes:

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)