myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Michael Freedman <michael.freed...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: action link in custom component (inside a portlet)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:29:55 GMT
Safer bet is to call ViewHandler.getActionURL passing in your viewId
followed by ExternalContext.encodeActionURL.  With bridges prior to the
JSR 301 bridge you may have problems adding/retaining the extra QS
params you want to add (namely PARAM_ITEMID, PARAM_ITEMTYPE).  With the
301 bridge you can either add these QS params directly to the viewId
passed to getActionURL or you can add them to the URL returned by
getActionURL before calling encodeActionURL.
    -Mike-