myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "MC PHERSON Sandy" <sandy.mcpher...@eurocontrol.int>
Subject h:outputText converters and null objects
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 14:22:26 GMT
Hi
I have switched to using the Sun-RI because of a bug in the Weblogic
Portal 10 JSF portlet bridge.

However now it would appear that I get a side effect when feeding a null
value to an output text, we have a lot of data structures where null is
used to indicate optional fields. E.g a regulation with no end date is
identified by a null date.

<h:outputText value="#{e.endDate}" converter="DateTimeConverter"/>

When I explicitly specify the time converter like this with myfaces the
converter gets activated, but with the RI this doesn't work. Any ideas
why there is a difference in behaviour and which behaviour is correct?

Both MyFaces and Sun-RI are the 1.1.1 versions bundled with
WeblogicPortal 10.

The application which I am porting to portlets was written using
myfaces, so if I have to use the RI because of the weblogic bug, this
could mean a lot of work to fix this...
____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the
sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from
your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of
EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.