myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Recursive tag evaluation
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:51:09 GMT
---- AMIR-TAHMASSEB Marc <marc.amir-tahmasseb@ombudsman.europa.eu> schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody know how I can evaluate the result of a tag evaluation ?
>

> Here is my problem :
>
> In my jsp I do this :
>
> <h:outputText value="#{myForm.myText}" escape="false" />
>

> In myForm bean i have :
>
> public String getMyText() {
>     return "<myTag:display/>";
> }
>

> And myTag.display refer to a tag that i wrote and that for example
> return a string like "something"
>
> My problem is that the second tag is not evaluated and that i have the
> string '<myTag:display/>' in my JSP.
>
> I hope someone has a solution,

No, I very much doubt that will be possible. The jsp compiler runs *first* on the page to
generate a servlet (and it runs only once). Then the servlet runs, invoking tags like the
h:outputText.

And anyway, jsp compilers are built to create complete servlets, not code fragments.

I suggest you try to think of another way to solve whatever your original problem was.

Regards,
Simon