myfaces-users mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: HttpSession timeout/invalidation handling in Orchestra?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:30:29 GMT
Hi William,

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 14:35 -0700, William H. Mitchell wrote:
> I've spent a while digging around in the Orchestra code to figure out
> how Orchestra responds to the termination of a session (e.g. a call
> to HttpSession.invalidate()) but I'm still fuzzy on it.
>
> Can anybody comment on how Orchestra handles this and/or steer me
> towards the code involved?

All the Conversation/ConversationContext objects are stored in the
session. So if the session is invalidated they get deleted.

What is recommended practice is for there to be a "controller" bean for
each page, and the bean always checks to see whether the conversation it
expects to exist does actually exist. If not, it forwards back to an
appropriate "start page". See the "best practice" section on the
Orchestra website.

If this check is not present, then when a conversation-scoped bean is
referenced (from an EL expression, or via a proxy bean) then a new
instance of the conversation will be created, and then a new instance of
the bean will be created and added to that conversation.

Regards,

Simon