myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Status of "Base is null" problem
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:29:11 GMT
Yeah, I figure that's important.  However, I'm having trouble figuring
out how to do that. At this point, I've given up on this effort.  I
wanted source visibility, but if I can't even get the thing to work,
that won't help much.

________________________________

	From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com]
	Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:34 PM
	To: MyFaces Discussion
	Subject: Re: Status of "Base is null" problem

	Check to make sure that there is only one JSF implementation in
your classpath (remove any JSF-RI/myfaces jars from weblogic too)

	On Jan 14, 2008 11:39 AM, Karr, David < david.karr@wamu.net
<mailto:david.karr@wamu.net> > wrote:

		I've noticed that there's been some talk in the last
couple months about
		a problem I've been having, which is getting "Base is
null" trying to
		reference my managed bean.

		I'm using MyFaces-core 1.1.5, and deploying to WebLogic
9.2.2.

		I had been using the default JSF implementation from
BEA, but I decided
		to try the MyFaces implementation.  I had some initial
"toy" apps
		working with the BEA implementation, including managed
bean references.
		My simple app using MyFaces has a single managed bean
specified in the
		faces-config.xml file, along with a lifecycle listener,
just to print
		out the phases.  When I execute the code that attempts
to reference the
		bean, I get the following exception:

		       javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException : Base
is null

		I even tried copying the ValueBindingImpl class into my
project.  I set
		a breakpoint there and watched it throw the exception.

		I also set a breakpoint in the constructor of my bean
class, which it
		never reached (not too surprising).

		Any ideas?