myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jboss 4.2.2 RI did not work for clicking links w/ target=_blank
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:15:45 GMT
Hi Ryan,

  Thanks for help.  In web.xml,  we have

  <context-param>
  <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
  <param-value>server</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
  <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION</param-name>
  <param-value>20</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
  <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION</param-name>
  <param-value>true</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
  <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.COMPRESS_STATE_IN_SESSION</param-name>
  <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>

These parameters are not changed for RI,  I am wondering if I need to change or add some for
RI.

  Yes, I use <t:saveState> to save request-scope bean data.
  The senarios:

  On window 1, click link A, execute action that changed request scope bean data Foo, the
response was shown on Window 2.  It worked well.

  Again on window 1, click link A, this step did not go through Invoke Application phase.

  It works for MyFaces.

  Thanks for any help.
  Dave

Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke@Sun.COM> wrote:

Dave-53 wrote:

> Everything works fine for myfaces on Jboss 4.0.5GA. After I moved to
> JBoss 4.2.2 with faces RI. I got issues when clicking a command link with
> target=_blank. First time clicking the link is ok, but clicking the link
> again did not work, did not go to the Invoke Application phase to execute
> action.
>
> I suspect the RI did not serialize the request scope beans. So they are
> shared between requests.
>
> What is the RI param for
> org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION ?
>
> Thanks for help!
> Dave

> Search.

The RI (now Mojarra) takes no state saving action against request scoped
beans. They are valid for that request only, so they won't be shared.

Are you using something like t:saveState?

That said as of 1.2_05, we added com.sun.faces.serializeServerState to
serialize the component state prior to storing it in the session.