myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Adolfo Ortiz Quiros" <carlos.or...@axede.com.co>
Subject RE: How do I configure JSF application to use URLs without a suffix?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:59:42 GMT
Good for the initial poster. Well, it would be more productive for you
to tell where the extension is located.

________________________________

De: Gerhard Petracek [mailto:gerhard.petracek@gmail.com]
Enviado el: Monday, December 17, 2007 5:53 PM
Para: MyFaces Discussion
Asunto: Re: How do I configure JSF application to use URLs without a
suffix?

hello,

it's also possible with jsf!

we already implemented an extension to use such url-styles!
feel free to explore our website:
http://www.irian.at

you will see a similar url-style.

regards,
gerhard

2007/12/17, Carlos Adolfo Ortiz Quiros <carlos.ortiz@axede.com.co >:

I think it is not possible as far as I know, perhaps if you do get a
solution it would be very welcome.

The things you are asking are solved in an Spring MVC framework. There
you can say a page like http://mysite/mycontext/mypage and notice that
mypage may or may not have a suffix at all, thus, it seems as the page
is being serviced by a pure servlet.  Or you can put an .htm suffix and
make web-search robots  like google into thinking it is a pure HTML site
and hiding the technology it was built with.