myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Problem to disable JSF validation
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:18:11 GMT
Just a guess: are the problem properties perhaps primitives? I don't remember what happens
if an inputText has an EL expression referencing a primitive property but its input value
is null. That could very well result in a validation failure.

Javascript can affect validation if it sets controls to disabled. In that case, on submit
the control contents are never sent back to the server, so required validation will fail.

I cannot think of any other reason why you might be seeing this behaviour.

When you say these fields "block the execution", do you mean that an h:messages tag in your
page displays "field required" messages for these fields?

Regards,

Simon

---- lschoop@hsr.ch schrieb:
> Hi there
>
> I have a problem disabling JSF validation for some components. In the attached JSP code,
the input elements orderUnits, orderAmount, validFrom and validUntil block the execution of
server-side action "#{orderEntryBean.gotoOrderReview}" of the command button navNextButton
every time they are left blank (loaded value = null), even though I tagged them with required="false"
and did not specify a validator. Can Javascript event handling somehow affect JSF validation?

> If the action is set to immediate="true", the servers-side action will be executed, but
the values won't be applied to the model.

> Additionally to MyFaces, I use the component library quipukit, which has its own validation
engine. I disabled it explicitly in web.xml: