myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jboss 4.2.2 RI did not work for clicking links w/ target=_blank
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:37:41 GMT

Dave-53 wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
>   Thanks for help.  In web.xml,  we have
>
>   <context-param>
>   <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
>   <param-value>server</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
>   <context-param>
>   <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION</param-name>
>   <param-value>20</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
>   <context-param>
>   <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION</param-name>
>   <param-value>true</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
>   <context-param>
>   <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.COMPRESS_STATE_IN_SESSION</param-name>
>   <param-value>false</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
> These parameters are not changed for RI,  I am wondering if I need to
> change or add some for RI.
>
>   Yes, I use <t:saveState> to save request-scope bean data.
>   The senarios:
>
>   On window 1, click link A, execute action that changed request scope
> bean data Foo, the response was shown on Window 2.  It worked well.
>
>   Again on window 1, click link A, this step did not go through Invoke
> Application phase.
>
>   It works for MyFaces.
>
>   Thanks for any help.
>   Dave

Well, JBoss 4.2.2 uses JSF RI 1.2_04 P02.  Try upgrading to 1.2_06 [1], and
set com.sun.faces.serializeServerState to true.
We added the option to serialize component state to the session in 1.2_05.

[1]
https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=8346&expandFolder=8346&folderID=0