myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jboss 4.2.2 RI did not work for clicking links w/ target=_blank
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:41:35 GMT

Dave-53 wrote:

>   Everything works fine for myfaces on Jboss 4.0.5GA. After I moved to
> JBoss 4.2.2 with faces RI. I got issues when clicking a command link with
> target=_blank. First time clicking the link is ok, but clicking the link
> again did not work, did not go to the Invoke Application phase to execute
> action.
>
>   I suspect the RI did not serialize the request scope beans. So they are
> shared between requests.
>
>   What is the RI param for
>   org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION ?
>
>   Thanks for help!
>   Dave

> Search.

The RI (now Mojarra) takes no state saving action against request scoped
beans.  They are valid for that request only, so they won't be shared.

Are you using something like t:saveState?

That said as of 1.2_05, we added com.sun.faces.serializeServerState to
serialize the component state prior to storing it in the session.