myfaces-users mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Transition 1.1.* to 1.2 ?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:53:40 GMT

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 10:13 +0100, Wendell, Christian wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a
> "According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value
> does not accept any expressions
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)"
> situation which seems to be fixed in 1.2.1?
>
> 1. When will 1.2.1 be released?
> 2. What's the support situation for 1.2.*? There are no nightly builds,
> and the wiki says nothing about 1.1.* -> 1.2.* transition. I also have a
> hard time finding any 1.2.* samples.
> 3. Is there something I need to change when upgrading 1.1.* -> 1.2.* ?
> My app is a very basic one so far.

Version 1.2.1 is quite close to a release:
  http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease121

I don't think the estimate date on that page (yesterday) is going to
happen though :-). My personal guess would be in a couple of weeks..

As noted on that page, jars are built nightly and deployed to the maven
snapshot repository. But building the code yourself is probably even
easier than downloading nightly builds - just
  svn co ....
  mvn clean install

There isn't much "transition" documenation yet, partly because not a lot
is needed. JSF12 is pretty much backwards-compatible. And likewise for
examples, as mostly the code is the same.

However I am trying to find time to get the myfaces website updated with
more info about the different JSF versions. Check back in a few days. In
the meantime, Sun also have 1.1->1.2 documentation, and that applies
equally to myfaces.

Regards,

Simon