myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Rafal Markut" <rafal.mar...@mediawave.de>
Subject Problem with form
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:35:36 GMT
Hello,

I have application in JSF (exactly in MyFaces) + springframwork + hibernate.

The application is very easy, namely there is list of records. When I click
on some record (or press NEW button) then I get form where I can add
new/modify records. When I press SAVE then it saved changes in the database
and goes to the list.

Sometimes (not so often) when a user presses SAVE then it lands in this same
form.
If user adds new record then he sees empty form.
If user modifies record then he sees form with "old" data (without
corrections).

There is no error or exception in logs.

This application is more or less built in following way:
ListBean - JSF bean, which is responsible for calling list of records.
ArticleBean - JSF bean, which is resplosible for single article (record).
Here is definition of method SAVE.

When it displays record then it calls both beans. When we press SAVE then
sometimes calls ONLY ListBean (he doesn't call Save action at all!!)

Meantime that calling:
getQueryString(): null
getRequestURI(): /raport/article.html
getRequestURL(): http://blablabla.pl/raport/article.html

Normally when it calls article then in QueryString should be some
parameters. But there is nothing in this case.
What's more, when it's editing then it shows "old" data in that record
(without our corrections).

It seems that JSF doesn't call action and he calls beans in wrong way. I
looked deep in code but I coudn't find anything.
I tried with action and actionListener - withour result.

This problem appears in average 2-3 in week and I'm not able to reproduce
it.

Some of JARs, which I use
el-api-1.0.jar
el-ri-1.0.jar