myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Ali Abdel-Aziz Ali" <robinhoo.2...@gmail.com>
Subject SelectOneRadio Not a valid option
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:36:25 GMT
Hi All,

I have a strange problem.
I'm using group radio buttons inside the myfaces dataTable and its working
properly .

but I have faced a strange error today which is:
 when I "view all" the recorders by pressing on "view All" button (fire
action that load all records from database and draw them inside the
dataTable) I can select any row I want by choosing the radio button in front
of it. and then can do any action (Edit, Delete) I want.

But when I make filter on the returned records by entering some value to
filter with the returned result is correctly matching the search criteria
but the problem arises when I try to edit one row from the returned rows I
keep getting [myRadioID : value is not a valid option]

this have strange scenario that happen with; that is:
suppose we have the following records after pressing on view all button
_____________________________________
|   index  |  Code       |      Name                  |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    1       |     10         |      Ali                       |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    2      |      12         |      Ali_Ahmed           |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    3      |       13        |      DataTable            |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    4      |      15         |      Radio Button        |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    5      |      17         |      Data Records       |
|_______|__________|___________________|

any record of the the above records can be selected by choosing the radio
button in front of it and can be edited for example.

but if you make some filter on the Name for example searching for any name
starting with "Ali"
you will got the following records displayed:
_____________________________________
|   index  |  Code       |      Name                  |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    1       |     10         |      Ali                       |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    2      |      12         |      Ali_Ahmed           |
|_______|__________|___________________|

if you tried to select any row to edit it will be selected properly with no
problem and can be edited after pressing on edit button.

but if you tried to search for any Name starting with "Data" you will got
the following records
_____________________________________
|   index  |  Code       |      Name                  |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    1       |     13         |      DataTable            |
|_______|__________|___________________|
|    2      |      17         |      Data Records       |
|_______|__________|___________________|

which will produce [myRadioID : value is not a valid option] when you try to
select any row of them

my explanation for this is that all records that will appear in the filtered
table with the same row index as in view all table will be editable with no
problem so the case with "Ali" , and "Ali_Ahmed" records as they appear in
the same row index so no problem arise when selecting any one of them.

but a problem will arise in the case of "DataTable", and "Data Records"
records because they appear in row index different than the one they appear
in view all table.

--
Ali Abdel-Aziz
http://www.aliabdelaziz.com