myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Bart.Kum...@Koopmanint.com
Subject Re: Trinidad design time support in Eclipse?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:11:45 GMT
Hi Matthias (and list),

"Matthias Wessendorf" <matzew@apache.org> wrote on 29-11-2007 15:03:03:

> Hi Bart,
>
> On Nov 29, 2007 2:51 PM,  <Bart.Kummel@koopmanint.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > We're using Eclipse here and we're planning to implement our next
> > application as a JSF web application, using Trinidad as implementation
and
> > as provider of extended components. We would like some sort of
near-WYSIWYG

> Trinidad is "just" a component library. As JSF-impl you need MyFaces
> (or the RI)

Right, of course. That was what I meant, I didn't phrase it very well,
sorry.

> > design time support in Eclipse. In the Eclipse WTP project, there is a
> > "visual editor". When using the Sun RI as JSF implementation, the JSF
> > components get rendered in the design view. But when I switch to
Trinidad
> > (1.2.3), all components are rendered as empty boxes, with just
thecomponent
> > name in it. Even in the preview screen I only see empty boxes. Do I
need

> by default the tool supports the standard components, that's right.

I assumed the tool based it's rendering on the meta information that is
provided
by the lib, but I guess that's not the case?

> > some additional configuration? Or is Trinidad lacking design time
support in
> > Eclipse? If the first thing is the case: what do I need to configure?
If the
> > last thing is the case: can this support be added? Can I do it myself?
Or
> > can I file some sort of enhancement request for it?
>
> I am not really familiar with the WPE (web page editor), but I know
> that the JSF-tooling is
> working on Facelets support (see [1]) and there may be other things as
well.

Are you suggesting that the editor will render the components in the
design view
when I switch to Facelets instead of JSPs?

> Best suggestion is, to connect to "their" email list and simply ask
> for Trinidad-support.

I will do so!

> HTH,
> Matthias