myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject [Trinidad] how to detect phases
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:00:40 GMT
Hi, as many others - I'm trying to optimize loading data from my
business layer, avoiding to do it as much as possible while restoring a
view.
Now I noticed that components needing a complex data model as their
value (tree, table, etc.) ask the backing bean for this model exactly
twice: one while restoring, one while rendering. This is different than
normal getters which appear to be invoked a variable number of times.
The question is: how safe is to speculate on this behavior to decide
about current phase, and to arrange (or skip) data loading accordingly ?

 -- Renzo