myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Scott O'Bryan <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad portlet (JSR-301 ???)
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:01:07 GMT
Check out the MyFaces "Portlet Bridge" project.  It's an open source
implementation of JSR-301Bridge and addresses many of the issues that
the Oracle Bridge addressed.  As a matter of fact, Oracle is the spec
lead on the project and the MyFaces Portlet Bridge is being developed as
the R.I.

Now for the unfortunate part, The JSR-301 bridge spec is still under
development as is the MyFaces Portlet Bridge.  There is not yet a lot of
documentation on it and there are still issues with Trinidad and this
bridge but we are doing our best to work though those as they come up.
I can tell you that newer versions of the WebCenter will use this bridge
once the spec is complete and Apache has released the Bridge Implementation.

http://myfaces.apache.org/portlet-bridge/index.html

If I were you, I would develop using the Oracle Webcenter bridge for now
and, with but a few exceptions, you should be able to substitute this
bridge in the near future as we work though the issues.  One thing I
know that this bridge will NOT solve without some Oracle code is
integration with Trinidad and ADFm.  But if you don't use ADFm, you
should be fine.

Hope that helps,
  Scott O'Bryan